Tuesday, January 4, 2011



First day of sewing with my group for 2011 and I miss it! Can't believe what a day I have had and it is still not finished. Having said that, amidst all the phone calls back and forth with family in Queensland I did manage to get my first block done for the Pastel Card Trick. I hadn't realised how much butting was needed in this block. Have I mentioned how much I hate butting??? Only had to unstitch 3 or 4 times but in the end I think it worked out OK.
I usually love pastels but must admit I found this finished block to be a little wishy washy. Of course it is only one block. I am really looking forward to seeing what I end up with from the swap.
As it is now 9pm and I have well and truly missed sewing group I am heading into my sewing room to work on my next block. I am still waiting to hear from crafty.pug about what block I need to make for the Christmas swap. That should be fun. I hate to use my beautiful Christmas fabrics once a year only!
On another note entirely,I am always amazed at the number of people who have their cats and dogs in their sewing rooms with them. Don't they worry about the fur on their sewing? My cats and dogs are not allowed in my sewing room but I have been totally bewitched by the newest member of our family and our little man Ollie is allowed to go anywhere he likes, much to the disgust of the other animals, I'm sure! Here is a picture of him keeping me company. Of couse he is so quiet you never know he is there and there is no worry about him jumping on my sewing or lying on the table! I don't think there are too many people who have a kangaroo as a sewing companion! It is amazing how lovable he is and even though he is getting bigger (check out his facebook page - Ollie - to see how tiny he was)he still loves to hop into his pouch for a cuddle while he has his bottle.
Anyway, I had better make a move or I will not get back into my sewing tonight. Until next time keep safe and happy patching.

No comments:

Post a Comment